What to Consider When Strengthening Your Integrity
Success in sales does not go to the one who has the lowest price, or has the best customers, or has the most intelligence. Who really achieves success in sales? You might ask! It’s those that practice integrity with every person they come in contact with.
There is no substitute – no alternative – to consistent integrity.
People who are at the top year in and year out, are those who show integrity in everything they do. This can be shown to be true through both good and bad economic periods, global upheavals, and finally company chaos.
The consistent factor to success is not an external circumstance, but rather an internal commitment to a high level of integrity.
While these people don’t necessarily close every lead or land every new big hot account that comes along. They do show integrity, 365 days a year in their actions and attitude.
What Is Integrity?
According to Dr. Brené Brown; “Integrity is choosing courage over comfort; choosing what is right over what is fun, fast or easy; and choosing to practice our values rather than simply professing them.”
I would define ‘Integrity’ as adhering to strong moral and ethical standards, regardless of the situation or result of such commitment. Integrity is not a commodity you can casually use when it benefits you, and carelessly thrown aside when it doesn’t. Consistency is one of the hallmark signs of true integrity.
Integrity starts with allowing yourself to be personally and publicly accountable for everything you do and everything you think. In fact, integrity is more about holding yourself personally to a higher degree of accountability, because the real onus of integrity is how it guides you each day in your actions and activities.
Just accept 100% responsibility for how you carry yourself and operate with a high standard.
When it comes to Strengthening Integrity…
- No one can be forced to operate with integrity. It’s completely an internal choice that is reflected in external actions.
- It’s never too late to start. If you have struggled with integrity in the past, begin today to set a new course. In small ways and big ways, begin to line up your actions and attitudes with a strong moral and ethical standard.
- Accept the fact that you may not close every deal, because you are not willing to compromise your standards.
- The real measurement of integrity is… what you do when nobody is looking and when nobody will ever find out what you have or have not done.
- Learn from those around you who live and breathe integrity. Become a student of their approaches and reactions – not just when the circumstances are good, but particularly when the circumstances are hard.As much as you can, surround yourself with these people. More than likely, they will not only have the highest degree of integrity, they will also be the most optimistic.
Whether you have been in sales a short time or for years, you owe it to yourself to achieve a level of success that is rooted in integrity. You will find yourself experiencing long-term success, and best of all, it will come in ways you least expect it.
What are your thoughts on the ideas shared? Is there anything along these lines you you would like to add which would be helpful to fellow readers?
Want to Earn as You Learn from those that Show Integrity?
DISCOVER the EASIEST & FASTEST Way ANYONE Can MAKE $100 to $1,000 per Sale.
With a Simple, Automated, Done for You Business in a Box. Where You can Get 100% Return On Your Investment with Your 1st SALE
If you want or need any help just Messenger us (Private Message Us) on our Facebook Messenger link – m.me/EasyOnlineBizSolution