What does Gratitude mean?
According to Psychiatry Researchers, Sansone & Sansone (2010) they define Gratitude as; “the appreciation of what is valuable and meaningful to oneself and represents a general state of thankfulness and/or appreciation.”
Everyday gratitudes need to be expressed so you can watch your life change. We spend so much time focusing on the negative, on the lack of things in our lives, that we take everything else for granted. When you are grateful every day for the gifts in your life, and you begin to appreciate everything more.
I will share with you just some of my gratitudes. It will give you an idea of the large variety of things that you can grateful for. Everyone’s list is different.
What I am Gratitful for…
- That I’m actually here, in this world, living.
- My Family – I would be a sad hermit without them. We have our ups and downs, but they really are my foundation.
- Love – Which is all round us in the things we say or do.
- I love that every day I can choose to be happy.
- That a variety of cultures and decades can be accessiable fairly easy. As it makes the world a more interesting place.
- I’m in remission from my cancer and I’m so happy about that.
- That Australia’s temperatures change for spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
- There is little better in the world than the laugh-so-hard-you-cry feeling.
- There’s something incredibly exciting about them.
- I am lucky that I experience this more than those in England for example.
- There’s never a time when I’m not thankful for the words of another.
- I’m really glad I’m organized.
- One of those things that is just as great to give, as it is to get.
- So many people have supported me in my life and I’m so lucky to have them.
- I’m so glad I’ve finally realized that I’m accountable for my life and myself.
- This is something I usually take for granted, but I glad not to be homeless.
- A movie that leaves you feeling moved.
- That you can look for the good in everything and I will find it.
- Quality Time- It can be either with someone I love or by myself.
- How alike and different we are from eachother.
- Obstacles – They may suck at the time, but they always make me a better person. Without them I don’t know where (or who!) I would be.
- I don’t like to dwell too much on the past, but it’s awesome to look back sometimes.
- Oh, what in the world would I do without you, the World Wide Web.
- Good News- We all know there’s a lot of bad news out there, so it’s great to hear the good stuff.
- More often than not, I feel very safe and I’m so lucky to have that privilege.
- To have a lot of internal strength, I need to be thankful for.
- That Dad and I found a proven system that works and allows us to be free of a Traditional Business.
I have found that it is easier to write at night so that I can include things that I am grateful for from that day. Give it a go. Just do 15 minutes every day and it will become a habit and be easier to do.
I promise you will be rewarded in Body, Mind and in Spirit when you practice gratitude consistently.
Grateful to Talk to You,