It’s no secret that the use of video in content marketing is on the rise.
And, it’s certainly not a tactic to be taken lightly.
In fact, YouTube is now the second largest search engine on the web and while video marketing is frequently an afterthought, its value demands a front-runner position in your content marketing plan.
When it comes to content marketing, video comes in at just number seven on the list of type of content used, despite its efficacy.
- Companies that use videos in their marketing have 27% higher clickthrough rate and 34% higher conversion rates then those that don’t. (Buffer)
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line was found to increase open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65% (Hubspot)
- Video ads have an average clickthrough rate of 1.84%, the highest of all digital ad formats. (Business Insider)
- Before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if one is available (Single Grain)
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Single Grain)
- By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic. (Cisco)
Where to Use Video?
1. Facebook Ads
2. Landing Pages
3. Thank You Pages
4. For Your Blog
5. Social Media Platforms
The Main Purpose’s of Videos
- To Sell -> Commercials
Types of Videos
There are plenty of useful types of video content that viewers love, so try several of these options to see what works best for your brand:
- Product Review
- Testimonial (Talking Head)
- Behind the Scenes
- Live Streaming
But remember, at the end of the day, these different types of video content won’t do you much good if you aren’t approaching content marketing from the right place.
Great content engages by having an intrinsic value of its own apart from any product or service so create video content that will really wow your viewers!
Why Video for Facebook Ads?
Facebook Loves Video because People Love Video!
As social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
Here are just some reasons to use Video for your Facebook Ads:
1. More Engaging
2. Explain difficult concepts quicker – According to Forrester Research 1 minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.
3. To Establish Authority
4. Build Rapport Faster
5. Tag interested Prospects
6. Move Prospects along your Sales Funnel
7. Convert Prospects into Repeat Buyers
8. Video Views can be used to Retarget those who watched 50% – 100% of your video ad.
Now that you know why video is important in Content Marketing, it’s important to start using it.
Our next article will be on Creating Facebook Video’s – Keep an Eye Out!
Nicky and Dave
P.S. If you run a business and you’re interested in leveraging the power of YouTube to increase your brand awareness, your turnover or your profits then you will love this…
P.S.S. Get instant access to even more powerful marketing tips, as well as a way to generate conversion-ready online marketing prospects each month, click here to learn about our done-for-you system