Disadvantages with SOME, not ALL Affiliate Marketing Companies:
- Many normal affiliate programs have low-value products. Although the percentage of the sale price may be high like 30% or 50%, the commissions are a lower dollar value per sale. Which means you need a massive number of sales to make a good living
- The CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) of a sale can be close to the commission earned on some products if a low priced product. It also depends on the platform you are selling the products on.
For instance, there is a very low return to make affiliate marketing sales on eBay or Amazon, 3% to 10%.
- You don’t get the more significant back-end sales with a lot of Affiliate companies. The company re-markets to the customers, you brought them. With some affiliate companies that is straight away. However many are after 30 or 90 days when your cookie expires.
The cookie sits on the web browser and is the software that links your affiliate ID to the customer. Meaning you miss out on the following big commissions, even though you found the customer for the company in the first place.
- Teaching yourself, you don’t get coaching and mentors with normal affiliate marketing companies. Having a coach or mentors that have done it before can save you from wasting a lot of time and money.
- Most affiliates are not profitable, as it takes a lot of time and mistakes to learn how to market effectively. Plus they normally focus on low priced products.
So when they do get a sale it is only a few bucks gross profit. And may sales, go close to the CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) of that client.
Want to Earn as You Learn?
There’s one that pays $100 to $1,000 per Sale
I call it… ‘Your Dream Business’
Of course, if you need some help, that’s what we’ve here for. Just Private Message Us at our Facebook Messenger link.
I hope when choosing to be an affiliate that these benefits and disadvantages help you choose the right affiliate marketing companies to work with.